Tomorrow is Cassidy's last day of school. They're having a potluck and I volunteered to bring dessert. So, I mistakenly decided to make rainbow jello. Mistake 1 - I decided to use prettier colors, like peach, purple and raspberry, not traditional colors. That means it's not truly a rainbow. Mistake 2 - I ran out of the white (which is condensed milk and knox gelatin). Mistake 3 - I didn't wait long enough between the purple and green so, combined with the insufficient amount of white, it peeled and bled together. Mistake 4 - I thought I could fix it by adding an orange layer. It just made the purple layer brown...I think I salvaged it, however by doing a flip! Red layer on top!! This is the corner piece, so it doesn't look clean (plus it's melted a little). I made the other squares smaller and cleaner and I think it will be ok. But I probably won't be making this dessert EVER AGAIN since I just finished it and I started it FIVE HOURS AGO!!!! Phew!

thanks for sharing! I'm sure whatever it looks like, the kids won't complain!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness!!! now that is love in a square right there! ;) i think it looks great even though you say it isn't perfect! ;)
ReplyDelete