Wednesday, March 30, 2011

day 89/365 sad face

day89, originally uploaded by Darolyn Hamada.
When Cassidy came home from school today she was really upset. So, naturally, I asked her why. And she started crying. I, of course, did what any right-minded mom would do and grabbed my camera to capture the moment (bad mom, I know). I did feel sad for her. She said Ashlyn (a girl at school) told her she wasn't going to invite her to her birthday. So in response, I guess, Cassidy told another girl she was "not cute" and then supposedly apologized to the other girl, but her teacher didn't hear her apologize and gave her "time out" because she heard Cassidy tell her she was "not cute." So she was sad because she had time out and because Ashlyn didn't want to invite her to her birthday party.

I told her that it wasn't nice to tell the innocent bystander girl she was "not cute," but it was good that she apologized. I told her she should not tell anyone they are "not cute." She said she knew it was "not nice."

And then with Ashlyn...this girl has been a bit of trouble for Cassidy. She says mean things, but then they're friends again two minutes later. So I told Cassidy to ignore her or tell her that she makes her sad (I know, probably not helpful). And, oh, by the way, Ashlyn's birthday is not until JANUARY...so I told Cassidy that she's not even going to be at the same school as Ashlyn in January and she would have a whole new different set of girlfriends from her new school. That, of course, was not well-received...more tears...I know, bad mom. But then I promised to color with her and all was forgotten and so were the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment