Wednesday, February 23, 2011

day 54/365 day at the doctor

In a follow up to "day at the dentist," today we have "day at the doctor." I'm a firm believer in clustering all of your doctor visits within a few days (not really, it just turned out that way). Day at the doctor was more dramatic that day at the dentist. So, Cassidy had her 5 year check up. All is well...she's healthy. 90% height/95% weight. Blood pressure, pulse etc. all good. But her eyes were 20/30 and 20/40! I have bad eyes (but got lasix!) So the doctor said I could take her to the eye doctor if I want or wait a year...she's borderline. What the heck does that mean? So do I take her to the eye doctor? What if she can't read the boards at school? What if it affects her learning? (And all the other "what ifs" that went through my head). So, I think I'm going to take her...

Second problem -- that chin wound she suffered about 10 days ago and got "glued" shut (instead of stitches)? Well, it's still OPEN! Still OPEN! So, I now have had to call a plastic surgeon to stitch it up so she does get a keloid scar. UGH. So we have an appointment on Friday.

As a side note, I realize that boob jobs are a high paying business for plastic surgeons, but why do I have to see them all over their website? Especially when I am bring my 5 year old to get stitches on her chin? I don't want to see that and neither does she.

Again...sitting in a very chill fashion at the doctor's office...this is PRE-shots!

This picture is POST-shots. She is trying to force a smile through her tears. (You probably can't tell because I took this picture with my iPhone, but she's got tears in her eyes.) She cried when she got her two shots. After her shots, I wanted her to put her sweater on and she said through tears, "but my arm is BLEEEEEEDDDDING from my shot..." Really? It's not bleeding, drama queen, and you have a band aid on it.  She got over it when I had to "catch" her urine sample in a cup....She thought that was the most hilarious thing ever! I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment